Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Slice of Life-6/26


The start of the morning is my favorite time of day. The house is quiet and still. The sun is barely peaking over the horizon. It is the perfect time to think, to write, to read. As the world remains asleep, I am free from my daily pressures, anxieties and responsibilities. I can simply be. It is during this time of day, I feel most like myself. Free from distraction, I inhale pages upon pages of stories from others, I exhale words and ideas onto my journal pages. My only company is a cup of freshly brewed coffee--the fuel to my morning ritual. This time of day is precious. A time to be creative. To lose and find myself in books and writing. The start of the morning is my favorite time of day.

2 comments:

  1. Morning time is such a special time for me as well. It's my "me time." My coffee and my book. I enjoy the stillness and peace that you describe in your writing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the best writing/reflective time in the morning as well. I always say I can get more done by 9 a.m. than most people can all day, but then I need a nap!

    ReplyDelete